License key disappeared

Post questions and comments about installing the program, getting it to run on your computer, and unexpected error messages.
klrjaa

License key disappeared

Post by klrjaa »

Hi,
I have a valid license and I was trying to update to the latest version. When I open FRP, the License Information box pops up, all blank. I close the dialog box and the correct FRP file opens up and I'm able to change stuff and save it. When I click help, about, the proper box shows up showing I'm running 4.4.01 which is correct.
I reentered the license key and all seems fine but figured you might want to know the license key had been removed, certainly not by me pretty sure.
Thanks
jimr

Re: License key disappeared

Post by jimr »

Thanks for the heads up on this. I haven't heard anyone else mention this, but there could always be some sort of latent corner case bug. FRP uses Java's built-in persistent store feature, so the code for license key storage is pretty trivial on the FRP side.

You didn't mention the version you upgraded from, but assuming it wasn't an ancient version from 15 or more years ago, nothing in the persistent store has changed in at least a decade or more so there shouldn't be any dependencies at all between versions.

You don't mention what OS you're on, but if it's windows, I wonder if somehow your registry got corrupted or if there was some sort of conflict between FRP and other Java programs you might be running (there shouldn't be any issue, but it's just a thought).

Anyhow, this is a good placeholder post in case anyone else experiences this. FYI to anyone, if you lose your license key for any reason, you can always send an email info@flexibleretirementplanner.com for a replacement.
klrjaa

Re: License key disappeared

Post by klrjaa »

thanks for the response. I'm running windows 10 and the version I was using before updating to 4.4.02 was 4.4.01
Thanks Jim !!